Generous Giving Hearts Day donors gave $10,667,502 during the 24-hour give-a-thon on February 9, 2016. There were 21,816 individual donors in 2017, a 50 percent gain over Giving Hearts Day 2016.
Here are the Top 10 fundraisers for large- and small-budget nonprofits.
Top 10 Large Charity Fundraisers (Operating Budget greater than $50,000/year)
- YWCA Cass Clay, Fargo, $586,167
- Oak Grove Lutheran School, Fargo, $382,152
- New Life Center, Fargo, $290,012
- Anne Carlsen Center, Jamestown, N.D. (TIE),$278,818
TNT Kid’s Fitness & Gymnastics, Fargo (TIE), $278,628
- Churches United for the Homeless, Moorhead, $250,746
- John Paul II Catholic Schools, Fargo, $211,027
- Great Plains Food Bank, Fargo, $194,179
- RiverView Foundation, Crookston, Minn., $164,470
- Dakota Boys and Girls Ranch, Minot, N.D., $160,898
- Unseen, Fargo, $142,922
Top 10 Small Charity Fundraisers (Operating Budget under $50,000/year)
- The Arts Partnership, Fargo, $181,414
- Red River Children’s Advocacy Center, Fargo, $90,395
- Gianna’s Maternity Home, Minto, N.D., $85,836
- Gateway to Science, Bismarck, N.D., $74,271
- Jail Chaplains, Fargo, $72,357
- Jamestown Regional Medical Foundation, Jamestown, N.D., $57,154
- Emergency Food Pantry, Fargo, $56,697
- 4 Luv of Dog Rescue, Fargo, $53,950
- Cat’s Cradle Shelter, Inc., Fargo, $52,268
- Dakota Hope Clinic, Minot, N.D., $49,481
Individual charity results beyond the top 10 are not released by Dakota Medical Foundation (DMF), and instead are reported by the organizations to their donors and communities.
Giving Hearts Day co-hosts DMF, Impact Foundation and Alex Stern Family Foundation provide incentives for top fundraisers, including $15,000 for first, $10,000 for second and $7,500 for third, all the way through $500 for 10th place. These prizes are awarded for both large and small charity categories. Other awards include communication strategies, charity collaboration and gifts from the most U.S. states and N.D. cities. The charity results listed do not include prize funds, as many have yet to be determined. Final and official grand totals will include incentive prizes and be provided after April awards programs in Fargo and elsewhere in North Dakota.
Organizations interested in becoming part of Giving Hearts Day 2017, to be held Feb. 8, 2018, may email email@example.com or contact Amanda Sayre at 701-271-0263.