We lead initiatives to create a region of the healthiest people, build the fundraising success of health-related nonprofits, and invest in new ideas that can create widespread health improvement. We host a staggeringly successful online giving day for charities and events that bring families together to exercise and enjoy our city streets. We are a helpful resource for people planning benefits for their neighbors in medical crisis. We work hard to make a difference in this community every day, and we love what we do.
Dakota Medical Foundation (DMF) is seeking a highly driven individual to work with donors to create real change, real outcomes, and real impact in our region.
The director of donor fulfillment works closely with the founders of both DMF and Impact Foundation donor-advised funds and fiscal sponsor initiatives to provide clear pathways to achieving the greatest impact possible. Working within a proven, repeatable framework, this position helps fund advisers develop a strategy and communications plan and connects them with DMF’s extensive network, tools, and resources. Ultimately, the director is responsible for ensuring that each founder of our donor-advised funds and fiscal sponsor initiatives carries out their mission and feels fulfilled through their relationship with DMF.
In addition to DMF and Impact funds, the director will be a community ambassador and fundraiser for DMF initiatives, including but not limited to: Giving Hearts Day, Lend A Hand Up, and Stand to Protect. This position also leads DMF’s membership program, which aims to engage and develop community ambassadors who improve, celebrate, and promote the impact of DMF.
Working with and under the supervision of the executive director, the director of donor fulfillment is a forward-facing spokesperson and champion for all of the good that DMF and its partners do in the community. This role has one direct report.
DONOR-ADVISED FUNDS (DAFs)
DMF and Impact Foundation assist individuals, families, businesses, and community groups looking to change the world and establish their own charity. DMF serves as the financial agent, maintaining detailed accounting records, distributing funds, and preparing annual IRS reporting documents. Without burdensome paperwork, our donors’ time is free to focus on their core mission and involvement with the causes they support.
Additionally, donors have direct access to DMF’s unparalleled resources, including its network, programs, and staff. They also benefit greatly from the fundraising curriculum offered by the Impact Institute and inclusion in Giving Hearts Day, the region’s largest day of giving.
FISCAL SPONSOR INITIATIVES (FSIs)
DMF serves as the financial and legal entity for incubating nonprofit organizations working on challenging issues such as addiction, suicide, and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). This allows them to seek grants and receive tax-deductible donations under DMF’s tax-exempt status during their startup phase. We help guide and mentor FSPs if and when they receive 501(c)(3) status.
DMF’s membership program includes up to 220 members who provide guidance and oversight for the organization. Members come from diverse backgrounds and bring wide-ranging skills that we draw upon for our work. The director role administers the membership program and is responsible for ensuring the highest-quality membership experience.
DMF believes it has only scratched the surface of giving potential in our region. To have the greatest impact possible, this role is responsible for proactive outreach in the community. The director will be a community ambassador and fundraiser not only for DMF and Impact funds but also DMF initiatives, including Giving Hearts Day, Lend A Hand Up, and Stand to Protect, DMF Funds: Concussion Care Initiative and Healing Vets.
This position seeks to raise awareness of DMF’s donor funds, encourage donations, and solicit new donors to open funds.
1. Ensure that DMF is always providing the best donor, founder, and member experience possible
2. Develop and maintain strong relationships with founders of donor-advised funds and fiscal agent initiatives
3. Partner with founders to create their strategy and communication plans to ensure they are making the greatest impact possible
4. Connect founders to fulfilling giving opportunities and maximize grant-match opportunities
5. Work with DMF program directors to create and implement fundraising and communication strategies for DMF initiatives
6. Be a community ambassador and fundraiser for DMF Initiatives
7. Implement efficient and effective donor-management systems
8. Create and implement a strong membership experience program based on recruitment, retainment, reach, and fulfillment
a. Administer the membership program, maintain historical and records data, facilitate on-boarding, and ongoing communication systems
9. Communicate market trend data, statistical information, and strategy plans to fund advisers, Donor Impact Committee, president, and board
10. Oversee donor- and grant-tracking systems
1. Excellent judgement in doing the right thing, the right way – must be committed to excellence
2. Seek bold ways to improve donor and membership programs and processes
3. Clear understanding of donor relations and membership management programs
4. Great communication skills – personal, written, and oral
o Skilled at establishing strong relationships with both external donors and internal staff
5. Abundance and growth mindset required
6. Must possess a tremendous work ethic and put forth the giant work effort needed to change the world for the better
7. Must be proactive and comfortable taking initiative
8. Working knowledge of the missions and services of area nonprofits
9. Ability to maximize donor management and grantmaking software programs
10. Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
11. Must have demonstrated ability to drive complex initiatives to completion
12. Must have a drive for results and a strong capacity to influence others
13. Event planning experience preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Application screening will begin on May 10, 2019. To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to CGraffeo@dakmed.org or by mail at:
Dakota Medical Foundation
Attn: Cindy Graffeo, Chief of Staff
4141 28th Ave. S
Fargo, ND 58104