Apply for matching funds that inspire people to give!
Lend A Hand is a program of Dakota Medical Foundation. Funding is provided in partnership with generous community supporters.
- Recipient lives in Cass County, ND, or Clay County, MN.
- Recipient has substantial out-of-pocket expenses (greater than $5,000) due to a current life-threatening and/or incapacitating illness or injury.
- A benefit fund is established at a bank or credit union for donations with at least 2 title signers, one representing the volunteer committee and one representing the recipient/family.
- A volunteer committee is established with a lead volunteer willing to oversee meetings and communicate between Lend A Hand staff, the recipient/family and volunteers. (The lead volunteer should not be a member of the recipient’s immediate household.)
- Future fundraising activities are planned and the application is submitted at least a month in advance of scheduled activities and before promotion efforts are underway. (Past efforts, events already promoted to the public, and events less than 30 days from application submission are not eligible for matching funds.)
- The fundraising effort is validated by a nonprofit organization located in Cass or Clay County that is willing to offer support toward the effort such as space, volunteers, donated items, monetary, planning or marketing help. Eligible nonprofits include churches, public schools, charities, medical or fraternal organizations, and community/service clubs. Examples of eligible signers include nonprofit directors, school principals and clergy members. A signature of validation does not require the nonprofit to oversee fundraising activities and/or fund management.
Application review process
Applications are reviewed twice a month by a committee with expertise in medicine, insurance, finance, legal, social services and nonprofit management. Priority for support is given to efforts that help people with substantial out-of-pocket expenses due to a catastrophic medical condition.
If an application is approved:
- Volunteers will work together with Lend A Hand to promote matching funds and online giving in tandem with all fundraising activities. (Logos and required content for flyers and other marketing items will be sent in coordination with approval notification. Help will be provided to develop/adapt flyers as requested.)
- Following fundraising activities, the lead volunteer will provide Lend A Hand with documentation of fundraising proceeds in the form of a benefit fund statement.
Applications are accepted on/before the first and third Monday of every month for a fundraising event scheduled in a following month, at least 30 days before the scheduled benefit/event. (For example,the first Wednesday in September would be the application deadline for an event scheduled in mid October.) Applications must be submitted at least 30 days in advance of the event and before marketing efforts are underway.
We encourage online submission through our secure system.
Part one should be filled out and submitted by the lead volunteer (event organizer).
Part two should be filled out and submitted by individual or family receiving proceeds.
If online submission is not possible, download the PDF by clicking the box below.
Questions may be directed to the Lend A Hand Program Director at 701-356-2661 or email@example.com