We lead initiatives to create a region of the healthiest people, build the fundraising success of health-related nonprofits, and invest in new ideas that can create widespread health improvement. We host a staggeringly successful online giving day for charities and events that bring families together to exercise and enjoy our city streets. We are a helpful resource for people planning benefits for their neighbors in medical crisis. We work hard to make a difference in this community every day, and we love what we do.
Dakota Medical Foundation is seeking a detail-oriented, self-motivated and experienced individual for a full-time accountant position. This position will assist the Chief Financial Officer and Accounting staff with the day-to-day accounting, financial management and other support functions of the Foundation.
Dakota Medical Foundation
Dakota Medical Foundation was formed in the 1960s by pioneering physicians and community leaders with the vision to build a progressive new hospital on Fargo’s growing south side.
Eventually, the hospital was sold to a for-profit organization and the proceeds created the DMF endowment with a mission to impact health in our region. Today, the endowment has grown to over $100 million.
Since inception, DMF has invested nearly $100 million leading health initiatives and investing in strategies that improve the results of more than 450 charities in North Dakota and western Minnesota.
The DMF family of initiatives includes 12 pillars that impact a variety of issues and challenges affecting health and quality of life in our region. Through internal management support and brilliant execution this position will help create a measurable impact in all 12 pillars.
• Preparing and reconciling journal entries to record financial transactions.
• Reconciling monthly bank statements.
• Preparing periodic bank deposits and bank transfer requests.
• Processing and coding vendor invoices for approval.
• Preparing payments to vendors.
• Preparing monthly grant payments from approved vouchers.
• Reconciling, preparing, and entering biweekly employee payroll information.
• Reconciling and preparing federal and state payroll reports (941s, 1099s, W-2s, etc.).
• Reconciling periodic investment management reports to general ledger.
• Preparing weekly cash needs report.
• Reconciling monthly accounts receivable and accounts payable reports to general ledger.
• Maintaining online reports for charitable funds using Google Docs.
• Maintaining fixed asset records.
• Assisting with the annual audit including preparing audit support schedules.
• Assisting with the annual budget process.
• Preparing reimbursement requests to government agencies under grant agreements.
• Assisting with and/or preparing periodic financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Assisting with annual Federal Form 990 tax return preparation and related schedules and filings.
• Providing accounting and financial management services for DMF’s nonprofit partners under service contracts.
• Assisting others in the completion of special projects, as assigned.
• Performing other duties, as assigned.
• Full-time onsite position with willingness to work a flexible schedule to complete assigned work.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
• Two or more years of accounting experience, preferably with nonprofit experience.
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles including GAAP.
• Exceptional attention to detail, organization, problem solving and time management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to self-start, work independently and work as part of a team.
• Ability to work cooperatively with a variety of internal and external individuals and groups.
• Proficient use of computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience with accounting system applications including Microsoft Dynamics GP and Blackbaud Grantmaking.
Competitive wages and outstanding benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings account (HSA); employer contributed retirement plan; 403(b) retirement plan; earned time/paid time off and holidays; dependent care flexible spending account; and group life and long-term disability insurance. Certain benefits have eligibility requirements to participate.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by February 14, 2020 to Cindy Graffeo, Chief of Staff at email@example.com.